Horseback Rides at Bearcat Stables
Horseback rides at Bearcat Stables depart from the Bearden Homestead on Squaw Creek Road. These rides cater to those who would like to experience the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountain scenery, but have limited time or horseback riding experience.. The terrain is easily navigable and can be enjoyed by people of nearly all ages and skill levels. Each ride is limited to eight guests to ensure a quality horseback ride experience. Larger group rides are available only by special request.
One Hour Ride - $60
This ride is perfect for those who have never ridden, and for families with younger children. The one hour ride traverses the Bearden homestead, following old wagon roads and irrigation ditches. Terrain includes wide open meadows full of wildflowers in summer, as well as groves of aspen trees. Sightings of wildlife, including red tailed hawks and trophy size mule deer bucks, are frequent. Your guide will share with you the history of the homestead and the surrounding area, while a gentle, trusty horse navigates the mountain trails for you.
One and a Half Hour Ride - $75
A great in between ride when one hour just isn't enough.
available daily after 1pm $300/2ppl
Enjoy a guided ride for two. This 1.5 hour ride will take you through meadows of wildflowers, groves of aspen trees, and scenic outlooks of the surrounding valley’s and mountains. Red tail hawks, golden eagles, and even the occasional mule deer are often spotted on this ride. The Sweetheart Ride is suitable for riders of all levels and is a walking ride only.
Two Hour Ride - $90
For those wishing to spend a bit more time in the saddle, this ride provides a wonderful experience still suitable for all ability levels. The first part of the ride will traverse much of the same terrain as the one hour. The second half continues further along the valley and up to the top of a ridge with breathtaking views of Bellyache Ridge and a glimpse of the New York and Gore Mountain Ranges. Here we usually stop for a breather and photo opportunity before winding our way back to the stables. The length of this ride allows for more opportunity for wildlife sightings, and breathtaking vistas throughout the ride.
- Rides from Bearcat Stables guided in groups of up to eight guests.
- Larger groups available by request, 8:1 guest to guide ratio maintained.
- Guide gratuities not included in above prices.
- Automatic 20% gratuity added for all groups of 6 or more.
- All riders must be at least seven years old.
- Complimentary pony rides available for those under seven.
- Reservations required for all horseback rides and pony rides.
- Credit card number or signed contract required to hold all reservations.
- 48-hour cancellation policy - rides cancelled within 48 hours charged full fee.
- AMEX, Discover, Mastercard and Visa accepted.