Winter Sleigh Rides Colorado
Nestled in the Squaw Creek Valley in Cordillera, 15 minutes west of Beaver Creek, Colorado, Bearcat's Cabin is the original cabin the Bearden family homesteaded during the early 20th century. Thanks to the efforts of the Cordillera Preservation Foundation and Bearcat Stables, the Cabin has been completely restored, and now acts as one of Vail's most historic restaurant settings.
You and your family are invited to tour these historic grounds via Horse and Sleigh while sipping on your favorite beverage. Our knowledgeable team drivers will give you the history of the land and make your journey unforgettable. Bring your camera because you will want to take pictures of these majestic 2000 pound animals.
After your ride, step into a piece of Colorado history as you dine in this historic setting. The cuisine is world class as it is prepared by Executive Chef Collin Smelser of Mirador Restaurant of the Lodge and Spa at Cordillera.
Dinner Menu with Full Bar and Wine List
Roasted Root Vegetable Bisque with Toasted Pepitas, and Maple Balsamic Gastrique
Spinach Salad with Spiced Walnuts, Chevre Cheese, Roasted Squash, and Warm Balsamic Vinaigrette
Braised Roasted Free Range Chicken with Lemon Thyme Pan Jus
Colorado Beef Chuck Roast and Natural Braising Liquid
Gnocchi with Seasonal Vegetables, and Truffle Cream Sauce ***
All are served with Garlic Whipped Yukon Gold Potatoes, Green Beans, Artisanal Dinner Rolls and Whipped Butter
*** Denotes Vegetarian and Gluten Free
Mixed Berry Cobbler with House Spun Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Childrens menu available upon request.
House made “Mac and Cheese” or “Chicken Fingers” or “Both”
Names you can trust for over 20 years in the Vail Valley
- Open Wednesday-Saturday evenings during the ski season, and seven days a week through the Christmas/New Year holiday.
- Sleigh rides and dinner are $75 per person for adults; Children 12 to 4 years - $50.00, 3 & under are free of charge.
- Each sleigh seats up to 14 guests.
- Two seating's available:
- 5:30 sleigh with 6:00 dinner
- 7:30 sleigh with 8:00 dinner
- We have a 15 passenger van available for transportation, please call for rates.
- A private sleigh is available for special occasions for $150.
- Large groups are welcome.
- Great for families!
- Warm Fire Pit.
- Hot drinks.
- The Cabin is available for private groups. Call for details.
For those who wish to just enjoy the enchantment of a sleigh ride without dinner we can do that too! We will run just a sleigh ride for $25 per person from 3:00 to 5:00 pm Tuesday-Saturday.